Dynamic Research, Inc, an applied research firm in Torrance, CA, has an immediate opening for a software engineer.
Your primary assignment will be working with a multidisciplinary R&D team in the development and support of a contemporary moving base driving simulator facility and all its subsystems (www.dynres.com/simulator.html).
You will be part of a small (4-person) team, responsible for all aspects of the simulator, so there are plenty of challenging assignments for growth and learning potential. You will be interacting with in-house users of the simulator, as well as directly with our foreign and domestic clients, to accomplish their studies. You will also be supporting development and operations on another driving simulator in the Detroit area.
Assignments will include
- Windows and Linux application programming
- Development and support of driving scenario scripts
- General support of other driving simulator software modules, including enhancements and debugging
- GUI development and maintenance
- Simulator operations in support of automotive R&D
- Data analysis using MATLAB
- Development of real-time software under Linux
- Proficiency in C++ programming and object oriented design
- Proficiency with Windows programming
- Familiarity with Linux programming
- Strong mathematical background
- BS or MS degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering
- 0 - 10 years of experience
Preference given to candidates with any of the following
- Familiarity with MATLAB
- Knowledge of vehicle dynamics and computer modeling
- Experience with graphics programming (e.g. game rendering)
- Experience with audio programming
- Electronics assembly
Occasional travel will be required; usually a week at a time to the Detroit area, 2-3 times a year. Some travel to the Bakersfield area may also be required in support of full scale testing at our test track.
Dynamic Research, Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position.
Dynamic Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Dynamic Research, Inc. is located in Torrance, CA and was established in 1979. DRI specializes in applied research, development, and consulting in the areas of vehicle dynamics and control, man-machine systems, ergonomics, biomechanics, and structural mechanics. In the automotive area this includes analysis, simulation, testing, and prototype design and development. DRI currently has a regular staff of 40, consisting of engineers and scientists, technicians, and support personnel.
To submit your resume for this position, please click here.